Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Pumpkins


Thanksgiving is just hours away.  Hard to believe right?!  Logan is home from school this week, which I thought would mean zero crafty time for me, however he's been a nice distraction to Megan and they've been playing games together---that 'Mommy's not allowed to play' as I've been told.  They've even had some 'slumber parties' in each others rooms.  Which Megan just LOVES!  Megan adores Logan and he loves to be the center of attention.  Knock on wood, they're getting along great, so far......hopefully I didn't just curse the good behavior :/  Anyway, their 'private' games left me some time to stamp.  Now realistically I should be cleaning, cooking, and really preparing for Thanksgiving which is here.  But I have time for quick card :)
This card was inspired by the pumpkins and leaves on this card.  I love them!  I used Sahara Sand instead of Vanilla for my pumpkins though.  The pumpkins are made from oval punches.  That's it you just layer the ovals to make the pumpkins.  So easy!!!  Make sure you sponge your ovals before layering them, in punch art like this it's the extra texture and detail from the sponging that makes the pumpkins really stand out.  The leaves are made from a circle punch.  Punch a circle, then feed the punched circle back into the punch and just cut a sliver off, you're left with the lovely perfect leaf!  Thanksgiving prep here I come!!!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: