Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Beautiful Thistle Challenge

Today I have a stunner of card for you!  This card was made with a surprise bundle I didn't even know I needed!  I'm using the Beautiful Thistle Bundle in the new Mini Catalog.  I was given this bundle as a gift by Karen Titus.  Karen is my 3rd level upline and last week she held a leaders retreat for demonstrator on her team that have reached the Silver Elite or above status as a demonstrator.  Less than 5% of demonstrators reach this level.  Prior to the retreat she sent a whole box of gifts!  The bundle was wrapped separately and we opened it during the retreat.  Then we were challenged to make a card using the new bundle and the supplies we were given.  Everyone had the same supplies but different bundles so every single card was different and amazing!  I was given this, Beautiful Thistle Bundle, again it wasn't on my radar but wow!  I'm so glad I got it!  It's a gorgeous bundle!! 

stampin up, beautiful thistle

I did cut all of the flower pieces in White, that's the supplies I was given.  I used Blending Brushes to add color to all of the pieces.  I used Fresh Freesia, Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss for the flower, I added details with a Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blend.  For the stem I started with Pear Pizzazz, after it was adhered on the card I wanted something darker so I **carefully** went over pieces of it with an Old Olive Stampin' Blend.  I'd recommend adding all you color before gluing it all down.  I added some extra splatter in the background with a Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Blend and stamped the flower image in Sahara Sand to give it a little more depth.  The DSP, card base and rhinestones were in my supplies.  I love this card!  What a fun bundle and challenge!  

stampin up, beautiful thistle

Here's all the amazing gifts I was spoiled with by Karen.  An amazing travel mug, the bundle, a soft and cozy blanket (that my son keeps trying to steal!) and some treats.  Thanks Karen!  It's all incredible and I feel so spoiled!  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  




 

No comments: