Friday, March 4, 2022

Measure Of Love Top Hinge Box-VIDEO

Today's box is one of my favorites!  Not because this cute set is one of my favorites, because it is.  Not because this color combo is one of my favorites, because it is.  Not because this box is so versatile, because it is.   I love this box because of the fun treat I found to put in it.  I'll share more about that in a minute.  This box is soooo cute!  It is a pretty big box too, so even if you don't want to put what I put inside you can fit so much in this box!  The finished box size is about 6" x 2 3/4" x 1 1/2".  It's a big box.  

stampin up, measure of love

Let's talk about the stamp set, the Measure of Love Set is one of my favorites from the Annual Catalog.  This fun set has so many cute images plus some cute greetings to coordinate.  This scale is my favorite image in the set...well along with the cherry filled bowl of course!  I colored my scale with Stampin' Blends.  We don't have Coastal Cabana Stampin' Blends but I've found that Dark Pool Party and Light Bermuda Bay blended together create a color very close to Coastal Cabana.  Don't be afraid to mix colors with your Stampin' Blends.  All of my images are fussy cut, yes even those cherry stems!  If you didn't want to fussy cut the bowl and cherries you can just stamp them on the white circle and add your scale below them.  

stampin up, measure of love

Let's talk about the colors.  Years ago we had a DSP, I don't remember the name of it, but it used Coastal Cabana and Poppy Parade.  Ever since that DSP I've always LOVED this color combo!  It's one of my favorites and I tend to reach for it often with this set specifically.  My box is Coastal Cabana and I used Poppy Parade on the sides and top of my box.  The sides are the Brights DSP and for the top I wanted more texture then just DSP so I used the Gingham Embossing Folder.  I inked up my folder BEFORE running my cardstock through it, that defines the gingham pattern so much more.  I LOVE the look of it.  Don't wait to long to clean the ink off your embossing folder just run some water over it. It's a great technique that adds lots of extra dimension to your project.   

stampin up, measure of love


Box-9 1/2" x 6 3/4"
On the long side score at 1/2", 2" and 8"
On the Short side score at 1/2" and 2" from each side

Lid-8" x 3 3/4"
On the long side score at 1 1/2" and 7 1/2"
On the short side score at 1/2" and 3 1/4"

Embossed piece for the lid-5 3/4" x 2 1/2"

DSP-5 3/4" x 1 1/4" (two pieces) and 2 1/2" x 1 1/4"

stampin up, measure of love

If you've read this far you deserve to see what's inside.  This might be exciting for you, or a huge disappointment.  Inside the box is a box of Dunkaroos!  If you don't know what Dunkaroos are you probably didn't grow up in the 90's.  I remember these from my middle school/high school years in the 90's.  They're cookies that come with a cup of frosting that you can 'dunk' the cookies into.  I found these at Sam's Club and I'll be honest, I was super excited when I found them!  This is a childhood treat that I haven't seen since the 90's!  It was super exciting for me but remember this box is a versatile size and will hold any number of gifts!  If you're like me and want the Dunkaroo's they're at Sam's or check your local grocery/box stores.  I did search on Amazon and they're there too.  Dunk away my friends!  Make sure you check out the video for all the details, tip and tricks for this box.  Subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you're there too!  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

stampin up, measure of love

Shop my Online Store.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!
Supplies:
other: stapler



Shop the Waves Of The Ocean Promotion this month.  
Paper and Rhinestones available while supplies last.  



Save this month! 


 

No comments: