Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Diagonal Pop Up Card With Sweetest Cherries Bundle-VIDEO

Today is a fun card!  I love a good fun fold and this is a good one!  The entire card folds up to a standard size card of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" but when opened it's a whopping 5 1/2" x 12".  I love surprise cards like this!  I used the new Sweetest Cherries Bundle for this card, paired up with the Pretty Prints DSP.  This DSP isn't the type of DSP I tend to gravitate towards but I am LOVING this amazing DSP!  It's very versatile!  

stampin up, sweetest cherries

Remember when you purchase a bundle you're automatically saving 10%.  It's a great deal!  The Sweetest Cherries Bundle is so fun too!  I love the images and the big greetings pair up so nicely!  This is a punch bundle that will punch the cherry, stem and leaf.  For my card I fussy cut the sweet.  I love it!  I used the basket texture stamp to stamp my circle for some added dimension.  After it was stamped it was very distracting so I toned down the stamping a little a by adding a layer of vellum.  This is a great hack to soften background stamping but still getting all that texture and dimension.  

stampin up, sweetest cherries

When opened the card pops up from the back and the front, thanks to some strategically placed score lines.  This isn't my original design I first saw it here by fellow demonstrator Wendy Cranford. I thought it was so unique and I wanted to make one too!  I love it!  

stampin up, sweetest cherries

I have a video below to take you step by step through this card.  It's not as hard as it looks.  I only decorated my first and last panels, you can also add some DSP to the center panel too if you want.  I used both Calypso Coral and Sweet Sorbet to stamp my cherries, it's not a color combo I would have thought of if not for the Pretty Prints DSP but I think they work well together.  

stampin up, sweetest cherries

Make your own!
Cardstock 12" x 5 1/2" 
On the long side score 4" from each side
With your cardstock in landscape mode, mark your first score line at 2" from the top, score diagonally from the mark up to the top left corner, then up to the corner of the center panel and second score line.  
Mark the second score line at 2" from the bottom, score diagonally from the mark down to the corner of the center panel and second score line, then down to the bottom right corner

DSP two pieces 5 1/8" x 3 3/4"
With your DSP in portrait mode, mark one piece of DSP at 1 5/8" from the top on the right side.  Cut from the mark up to the top left corner. 
Mark the other piece at 1 5/8" from the bottom on the left side.  Cut from the mark to down to the bottom right corner

DSP belly band 1 1/2" x 12"

Check out the video for details on this fun card!  Make sure to subscribe to my channel while you're watching.  It's free and it helps me grow! I have a full supply list below, you can shop for these products in my Online Store. 

stampin up, sweetest cherries

Shop my Online Store.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!



Join my team this month and get new In Color products in your Starter Kit FREE!!
 

No comments: