Monday, January 8, 2018

Myths And Magic Impossible Box

This box is making it's way around social media platforms and blogs, you may have already seen what's being called the 'Impossible Box'.  Don't let the name fool you, this box is simple to make and you'll impress your friends with your brilliance when you make it! 
I found this box on Julie DiMatteo's blog.  She has an excellent video tutorial you can check out on how to make it.  So I encourage you to watch if you're interested in making this box.  My box is pretty simple and fun. 
I used Lemon Lime Twist for the base of the box then I dressed it up with the Myths and Magic DSP in the Occasions Catalog.  I fussy cut the dragon and knight from the DSP as well.  Every sheet of the DSP is glittery!  It's fantastic!  The knight and dragon are covered in glitter...I'm in LOVE!!!!! 
What makes this an impossible box?? Well when you open it the lid stays intact with the box, it just sort of floats up!  Amazing right?!  It's so cute and so much fun to make!!! 
 There's a lot of room in the box too!  You could fill it with all kinds of treats!!!
Now I'm all about modifying things, and I wanted to know if I could modify it and get 2 boxes per sheet of cardstock.  Well you can.  The difference in size is pretty huge, the smaller box definately couldn't hold the treats that the bigger one could.  But it was still fun to make. 
I'll list the measurements I used for the smaller one but to make the box please check out Julie's video for instructions.  You'll need a 6 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock. 
On the 6 1/2" side score at 1 1/2", 3", 4 1/2" and 6".
On the 5 1/2" side score at 1 1/2", 3 1/4", 4" and 4 3/4". 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: