Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Heartfelt Blooms Colored

Yesterday I shared another card made with the Heartfelt Blooms stamp set.  Today I have this lovely card to share.  Both were stamped in Crumb Cake ink, but just check out how different a little added color makes!!  Incredible!  To color this image I used my Watercolor Pencils.  I didn't add any water because I didn't want to pick up any of the Crumb Cake, so I used them like colored pencils instead of watercolor pencils.  
To get the colors to be so bright and intense on the stamped Crumb Cake I colored the flower with my white pencil first.  After I had a nice layer of white, but could still see the flower lines and details I went over it with the colored pencils.  It's an extra step that does take a little longer but the results are worth it!  I finished the card with a white heat embossed greeting and some gold sequins and glimmer paper.

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

1 comment:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh! This is gorgeous! I didn't think of using pencils on this beautiful stamp. (one of my favorites in the new catty). So, did you color ALL the flowers with white first? or just the daisy? Beautiful!