Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Lots To Love Box-3 Ways!

The new Lots to Love Box Framelits in the Painted With Love Suite in the Occasions catalog is one of my favorites! I love the sweet box that it makes but I wanted to see what else it could do and see how far I could stretch it.  I came up with a couple extra variations on how to use this framelit. 
When you make the box as the framelit is designed you get a box that looks like this.  Super cute, no doubt!!!  The finished box is about 5x3x3/4".  It's a great size and perfect for our new Narrow Note Cards! 
I wanted to make something a little larger, so I came up with this box.  By adding some bigger sides to it I was able to expand the box to a size that's about 5x3x1 1/2".  The sides are pleated and I used a gold clip to hold it closed on top, you could always tie some ribbon too.  To make this box you'll need to cut two of the box framelits, cut the half circle and the small side tabs off both.  You'll also need 2 pieces of cardstock. First one cut to 1 1/2" x 7 7/8" score at 3". Another cut at 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" score at 7/8".  The extra cardstock pieces get wrapped around the sides and adhered to the side and bottom tabs to create your box. 
Then I decided I needed a box that was smaller.  Something sized for treats or small gifts.  This box is approximately 2x3x3/4".  To create this box you only need one to cut one of the box framelit.  With the flat end on the left score at 2 1/4" and 2 7/8".  Then it will just fold up into a sweet little box.  If you want to see more on these boxes join me on my Facebook Page tomorrow, Wednesday January 24, at 12:30pm on my Facebook page where I'll be making all three of these boxes.




Thanks for looking, see you soon!!! 

No comments: