Featured Post

2017 Christmas Card Stamp a Stack!

It's time for my annual Christmas Card Stamp a Stack! This class is always popular and always sells out!!!!  Don't wait to sign up!...

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Watercolor Pencil Wash

Watercolor washes are very trendy right now, I'm here to break the news to you that you don't need a bunch of paints or paint brushes to get a watercolor wash look.  I did this really pretty Melon Mambo background with nothing but a piece of watercolor cardstock, a Melon Mambo Watercolor Pencil and an aqua painter.  That's it, 3 tools.  I started on the bottom of my cardstock and colored a really heavy layer of the pencil. Then I took a really wet aqua painter, and started where it was darkest and brushed back and forth. Pulling color down the whole sheet of cardstock as I went.  Where you've colored will be darker, the more water you add and the more you pull it down the lighter it will get. 
I let it dry completely then came back in with the pencil again and colored in a few spots that I wanted more color.  And I blended it all in with the aqua painter.  Getting the right amount of pencil to water might take a little practice but this is so much fun and I love the finished result! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: