Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Let Love

This card was an evolution.  It has so many elements to it that I wasn't sure about and all together took me about 4 days to make.  I love the final card but it's not at all how I envisioned it to be.  Let's start with the heart border on the right.  By the way, for this card I used framelits from the Love Notes framelits.  I didn't get the coordinating stamp set with it because I don't do a lot of Valentines stamping so I didn't think I'd use the stamp set, I'm kinda regretting that now.  Mostly because if I had bundled it I could have saved, now I'll have to get the stamp set separately.  Lesson learned, when there's a bundle, just get it! Back to the heart border.  This was one of the framelits that sold me.  I just love that perfect row of hearts.  I actually cut it twice.  Once on the card base and once in Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper.  I used an xacto knife to cut the center of the glimmer hearts so that the Blushing bride ones show through.  The framelit cuts most of the heart I really just had to do the points on the top and bottom.  That part of the card was complete and I was happy with it.  At this point I had also cut a tiny envelope from the framelits along with a couple of hearts.  It wasn't working as I envisioned so I set the card base aside and decided I would come back to it.      
A couple days went by and nothing was really speaking to me about the cardbase but I decided to give it another try anyway.  I decided to start over and forget about the other pieces that I had cut and cut another heart.  This one is really cool and graphic looking.  I knew I would use a sponge dauber to add a little color to it and I was afraid it would be too delicate on it's own so I cut 4 of them and adhered them all together.  Once it was all dry I used a sponge dauber and some Blushing Bride ink to give it a subtle ombre look.  Things were starting to come together I was really happy with it.  Then I put the heart on the white cardstock.  It just looked too plain. I added some color with a sponge dauber, but that was too much.  To tone it down a little I used a piece of vellum and that provided the right translucent-ness to still let the heart pop but not look so bold.  I added some pops of black with the sequins, paper and thread and I was finally happy with the result of the card.  This card was a huge process, and I know I say it all the time but when things aren't going as planned, let it sit and come back to it.  You never know what might spur creativity! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

No comments: