Monday, January 23, 2017

Just Keep Swimming and Ombre Pads

Another product and or technique that I wanted to share at my meeting last week was our Ombre Pads and the Just Keep Swimming stamp set.  I think that our Ombre pads can easily get looked over.  When I saw this stamp set, then found out that they were sized perfectly for our Ombre pads I knew I had to share it!  
Our ombre pads are pretty great to get multiple shades of one image on a larger stamp, but these smaller stamps are the perfect match for them.  When you look at the top of an ombre pad there are essentially 5 small ink pads that make one ombre pad.  Flip it over and you'll see 5 tabs on the bottom of the pad.  Did you know you can take out each individual color?  For these mini notecards that's exactly what I did.  I used the Bermuda Bay pad for this one.  For the base of my monster I used the lightest shade.  I popped out the color inked up my monster and stamped him.  For his fur I used the second color in the pad, for his eyes I used the 4th.  Two step stamping has never been easier.  No more stamping on scratch paper to get lighter shades.  No more searching for 3 different ink pads that work together.  It's all in one pad! 
Popping your ink pads in and out can get slightly messy, so if you don't want to do that, these images are sized to fit in each divided color on the pad.  Just simply line up the stamp with the shade you want.  These fish were done in the Peekaboo Peach pad.  
These yummy looking macarons were done with the Rich Razzleberry pad and they were so quick and easy with only one pad!  I also colored each macaron top and bottom with the Clear Wink of Stella to give it some shimmer!  To get these mini note cards I simple cut one of our white note cards in half so instead of a 5x3.5" note card I have a 2.5x3.5" note card.  They're such a fun cute size, a whole stack of them would be a really cute gift for a friend!  
This stamp set is also really cute on a note card that hasn't been cut in half.  For the gummy bears I used my Rich Razzleberry, Calypso Coral and Bermuda Bay pads.  If by chance you've looked over the Ombre pads that we carry, give them some more thought.  They're really versatile and fun to use!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: