Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Rainbow Thank You

You guys know that I love rainbow cards.  Really I just love cards with lots of color, this one I can't even tell you how much I love it!  The best part.  I only used 3 ink pads (not counting Versamark).  Three ink pads!!!  You'll have to go back to kindergarten and recall your lesson on primary colors, but really to create a rainbow you only need a red, a yellow and a blue.  In my case I used Watermelon Wonder, Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise.  
Before I added the color to the base I stamped the flower from Touches of Texture and clear embossed it.  Then I started with Watermelon Wonder and a sponge dauber and covered about a third of the cardstock.  Then I added my Daffodil delight, making sure to over lap the Watermelon Wonder, there's my orange, Finally I brought in my Tempting Turquoise, over lapping the Daffodil Delight to get green, isn't that the pretties green too!!!!!  I did add the tiniest bit of Watermelon Wonder to the very tip of the Turquoise to get a pretty purple.  There's not a lot of it, the rainbow is pretty complete without it.  I really wanted a gold doily for this card but didn't have one on hand so I just pressed my Versa Mark pad onto half of a white paper doily and covered it in some gold embossing powder.  I may never use the white doilies again!  Some gold thread and a gold embossed greeting to finish the card!  I love it!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: