Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thanks Teachers!

I have one more fun card any teacher would love to get (I hope)!  This is yet another Pintrest inspired card :)  Of course!!!!  I love Pintrest.  Where else can you get a bazillion great (and some not so great) ideas, recipes and more!!!!  But I loved the idea of this card and used it as inspiration!  So let me tell you about my thought process on this card.  Bear with me :) 
Because I wanted the window sheet panel on the front I wanted to make sure it was lined on the inside so the writing didn't show through the front, that wouldn't be pretty.  So I added another layer in the card.  Of course there would be a gift card in the card so I had to have a pocket for that.  So in the end I used a 12x5 1/2 piece of cardstock for this card.  Score on the 12 inch side at 4 1/4 and 8 1/2. 
So when you fold it, the bottom will fold up, and the top, will fold over that.  I added some DSP to the inside panel of the card.  The white was too white (I know that sounds silly).  I wanted to apple to 'pop' and it wasn't doing that on the white, so I added some DSP and it really changed the entire look of the card.  Plus I had ribbon to match :)
So that part unfolds, and the gift card is there.  I added a piece of cardstock with sticky strip for the gift card.  It's nice and secure so you won't loose the gift card :)  There's plenty of room to write.
Thanks for looking see you soon!!!!   

No comments: