Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The same--but different

One of the things I love most about our catalogs are the endless ideas you get from them. It seems I can still look through any of the catalogs and get new ideas. You can change a color here a stamp set there and you have a brand new card. I love that! So where am I going with this? Well today's card is just that, copied from the mini catalog but tweaked just a little. On page 4 of the mini catalog there is a sample that uses the hostess set Patterned Pines. So my card is very similar, but I changed the greeting and the colors and instead of using the eyelet border punch I tore my edges. It's the same, but different!

The trees are embossed with white embossing powder. The super great thing about this card is that if you emboss one sheet of trees in each color you can make 3 cards, so it's super easy to reproduce.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Patterned Pines, All Holidays
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, White, Old Olive
Ink: VersaMark, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: White EP, Heat Tool, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hi Ruth,

I like the way you tweaked your card. I think it's even better than the one in the mini!