Friday, July 5, 2024

Beach Day Castle

This card has been in process in my head for a while and now that we're in the depths of summer I thought this was a great time to finally put it to cardstock.  I love the castle dies from the Kiddin' Around Dies and Beach Day Dies have the amazing wave, so I thought I need to pair those up and make an amazing sand castle!  This card is complete perfection.  I used three colors of cardstock for my waves and layered them together: Basic White, Pool Party and Summer Splash (Coastal Cabana would also be a great substitute).  I die cut the castle and beach from Crumb Cake.  

stampin up, beach day, kiddin' around

I used Blending Brushes on most of my elements to add texture.  Blending Brushes are a GREAT way to get more from your cardstock.  A little ink on the cardstock completely changes the look.  I used Crumb Cake on my beach and castle.  I also used a Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker to add some more subtle beach details.  I used Pool Party Ink and ink blending my Pool Party Cardstock, this adds a little extra shading but more importantly it adds depth to the color and makes it stand out off the Pool Party card base.  Finally I added shading to the Peach Pie shells with Peach Pie Ink. For added sparkle I colored the flags and shells with Wink Of Stella.  The heart on the flag is die cut with the Crafting With You Dies.  Look through your stash I bet you have a small heart or star that might work.  

stampin up, beach day, kiddin' around

Make your own.

Pool Party 
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" score long side at 4 1/4"
5 1/4" x 4"
5 1/4" x 1" die cut waves

Crumb Cake 
5 1/4" x 1" die cut beach
scraps for die cutting castle

Summer Splash
5 1/2" x 1" die cut waves

Basic White
5 1/2" x 1" die cut waves
scraps for stamping greeting

Peach Pie, Petunia Pop, Glimmer Paper
scraps for die cutting shells, flag and heart

Make sure you check out the video below for all the details on this project.  While you're there make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you never miss a video.  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.

stampin up, beach day, kiddin' around


 

No comments: