Sunday, November 27, 2022

Twelve Weeks Of Christmas Week 9-Christmas Scottie Tapered End Cake Box

Week 9!  How!??  Only three weeks of the series left!  That means Christmas is right around the corner!  YIKES!  Today I have the sweetest, cutest, yummiest box!  Well, don't eat the box, the treat inside is pretty yummy though! I'm using the Christmas Scottie Bundle.  This has been one of my favorite bundles in the Holiday Catalog and I'm so so so so sad to see it go!  This bundle will NOT carry over!  The punch will be on sale, 30% off, starting December 1 for the Last Chance Sale.  I don't think it will last long though, if you plan on getting the bundle shop early! Learn all about the Last Chance Sale here. The sale starts on Thursday, get your shopping list ready! 
 
stampin up, christmas scottie

I'm also using the Gingham Cottage DSP, this is another favorite I'm so sad to see leave!  This mega pack of DSP is huge and I have so much of it left!  It's a great stack to have on hand year round!  This smaller check pattern is my favorite.  It works so well with my box.  I trimmed the Real Red piece into a flag using the Banners Pick a Punch.  So cute!  I used the punch for my pup and his bow.  The gifts and ribbon I fussy cut but they're pretty easy to fussy cut.  I used some Adhesive Sequins to add some sparkle and shine.  For even more sparkle I added Wink of Stella to all the ribbons.  

stampin up, christmas scottie

Let's chat about the box.  This is a fun tapered end box.  I made this box back in August of 2021 and I resized it for this treat and it's couldn't be cuter!  These boxes are fun and while they look super complicated they're actually pretty simple and I promise if you make one, you'll make a bunch of them!  I love the tapered ends.  I think it's unique and fun!  I tied some Silver Threaded Twine around the box to keep it closed.  If you didn't want to use ribbon you can use staples, clips or even adhere it closed.  But your recipients will have to tear into it if you adhere it closed.  

stampin up, christmas scottie

In my box I have a Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake.  In the box you can fit one of the chocolate or vanilla cakes.  The Christmas Tree brownies will also fit but they are a little smaller so you'll have some extra room in the box. 

stampin up, christmas scottie

Let's make the box!  I used a piece of Garden Green Cardstock
8 1/2" x 9"
On the short side score at 1", 2", 6 1/2" and 7 1/2"
On the long side score at 1/2", 1 3/4", 4 3/4" and 6"
Mark to the first horizontal score line at 1 1/8" and 5 3/8", flip cardstock upside down and mark again to the first horizontal score line at 1 1/8" and 5 3/8"

Gingham Cottage DSP
4 1/4" x 2 3/4"
5" x 1"

I have a diagram to show how to score your cardstock.  NOTE: Graphic NOT to scale.  Check out the video for all the details on this box and all the tips and tricks!  Subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you're there.  It's free and you'll never miss a video.  

I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

*NOTE: Graphic not to scale





 

No comments: