Friday, September 28, 2018

Shimmer Paint Techniques

Yesterday I shared this card with you. If you watched my video or saw my Facebook Live you saw that I used some Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint to add some sparkle to the doily.  Today I have more shimmer paint techniques for you.  I used the Vegas Gold but you could use any of our shimmer paints for these techniques.  First I colored the chicken wire on the right with the shimmer paint in the same way that I colored the doily.  I added some of the paint to my sponge and dabbed on the paint until I had the coverage I wanted.
The second way I used the shimmer paint was all those gorgeous gold splatters on the background.  I simply dropped a drop or two onto an acrylic block then added a little water with my aqua painter and used my aqua painter to splatter the paint on.  Word of caution.  I did this in a box lid to contain the splatter.  It does get everywhere!  But the final results are worth it!  Make sure you wash your block and aqua painter as soon as you're done.  There's so many more ways to use our shimmer paint!  These are just a couple of ways!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: