Monday, November 16, 2015

Grape Tags

Over the weekend I was so blessed to be able to attend the Vineyard Craft Weekend.  My downline, and really good friend, Michelle hosts these weekends and organizes everything beautifully.  Of course I helped her out this weekend as I've done the past few weekends.  I love helping her, her ideas are always fun and exciting like this tag!!!  Since the theme was a Vineyard Weekend there was lots of grapes, wine, burlap, wine, corks, wine, more corks and a little more wine.  Did I mention wine?  I made 28 of these adorable grape tags for one of her gifts.  Aren't they adorable!!!?!?
I used the new tree punch for the stem of the grapes then lots and lots of punched circles, these I believe are about 1/4" circles.  I used the circle from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack (retired).  It was the perfect size.  Originally the plan was to sponge each of the circles to give them texture, well once they were punched and I saw how tiny and how many (there were a lot of Perfect Plum circles in my stamp room) I decided to forget the sponging and add dimension in another way.  With a simple addition of a darker 'grape' or circle the grapes took on a whole new look, more realistic and it added that depth I needed.  In addition to Perfect Plum I also used Elegant Eggplant for the grapes.  These tags are adorable!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!! 

No comments: