Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Friday, November 14, 2014

Silhouettes


There are plenty of times where I try something I've seen on Pintrest and it fails, big time!  These silhouettes were not one of those times.  I was so pleased with how they came out.   They were soooooo easy too!!!  I took profile pictures of Logan and Megan and printed them on some photo paper before I left for the weekend.  I picked up these wooded plaques at a big box store.  They're so affordable.  I already had the black and white acrylic paints so this project cost under $5.  I love that!!!  At the craft weekend I painted the plaques white.  The good thing about acrylic paint is that it dries pretty fast!  While the white was drying I cut out the profile pictures.  Logan's was really easy to cut out.  Megan's wasn't hard either, I was worried I'd be stuck cutting out every curl and strand of hair but it wasn't that way at all both went very quickly.  Once the pictures were cute out I covered them in a couple layers of black acrylic paint, make sure to let them dry fully between each coat.  Finally I used some tombow to stick it down on the plaque and then covered them with some Mod Podge.  That's it!!!  They're ready to hang and I just love them!!!!  More projects fromt he craft weekend to come, check back all next week!!!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: