Featured Post

Stamp Camp #1

My new Catalog Stamp Camp was last weekend and it was a blast as it always is.  We kicked it off with our HUGE retired stamp set sale then ...

Monday, November 17, 2014

Bloomin' Art


Aren't these just the cutest little art masterpieces!?!?!  I wish I could take credit for this uber adorable idea, but I CASED this idea from Martha, she's wayyyyyyyyy talented!  I love all her work!  I knew for weeks and weeks prior to the craft weekend that I wanted to make these.  I searched everywhere for the little canvas and easel.  EVERY-WHERE!  In Martha's blog post she said she got them at the dollar store, I hit 4 dollar stores and even had Dan hit one.  None.  I went to 3 'big box' craft stores.  I finally found them at the 3rd one, Joanns.  They were on sale too!  I got a ton of them!!!  They're 3x3 inches, and just adorable!!  Now that I was set with those for the weekend I was happy! 
Even though I took my entire stash of canvas and easels I only ended up making 2.  I want to make more though.  This was the first one I made with the Calypso Coral Blendabilities.  I went with this color because I had just gotten my Calypso Coral markers and hadn't used them much so I wanted to play with them and shading.  There's a lot of sparkle on this flower.  I had to use a non SU product to achieve all the sparkle.  I've been wanted this glitter pen for months, SU doesn't sell it (though I did email them and beg them to carry it!).  It's like an aqua painter but filled with glitter-----AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  It's called Wink of Stella Clear Brush Pen.  I nearly died when I first saw it!  They sell it on Amazon, but I really, really, really want SU to carry it--PLEASE STAMPIN' UP! HEAR MY CRY!!!!  I held off for months not buying it.  My loyalty to SU is really strong.  I even tried different ways to achieve the same look, Dazzling Diamonds and Crystal Effects (it worked but it covered more than enhancing), I tried making my own glitter brush pen (an aqua painter, rubbing alcohol and dazzling diamonds is not the same), I tried brushing our Smooch Spritz over projects (this worked the best for the desired look, however it wasn't translucent enough and covered up a lot of the stamping).  I was stuck and out of ideas, finally I broke down and bought it.  I'm totally in love with it.  If you've used it and love it, please send a quick email to SU or comment on this post and help me in my cause to bring this product to our catalog!
The second flower I made at the craft weekend was a Melon Mambo one for Michelle.  This one is gorgeous!!!!  I just love it, I love the color, I love the shading, I love the sparkle I just LOVE IT!!!  For each one flower I stamped the Blended Bloom set 3 times and colored different portions of it.  Then cut it out in layers and put it all together with...what else...dimensionals!!! 
It's the perfect little gift!  I really love it!!!  I want to do a Coastal Cabana one for my desk.....though I'm seriously running out of room on my desk :)  We'll make it fit :)  Rich Razzleberry would also be sooooo pretty!!!  If you make one, send me a picture I'd love to see it!    
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: