Featured Post

Stamp Camp #1

My new Catalog Stamp Camp was last weekend and it was a blast as it always is.  We kicked it off with our HUGE retired stamp set sale then ...

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hedgehugs

I'm pretty critical of my own work.  I'm not a perfectionist, I actually like the little imperfections in handmade stuff, but when it came to this card, I debated back and forth about even posting it.  For one, the hedgehogs are punched with some retired punches.  I'm sure that they could be made with current punches (as I look at it while typing, I see how I can do it with current punches).  Also I hate my handwriting and I hand wrote the greeting :/ Not sure I love it.  But in the end I decided to share it, because it is a super cute idea (not my own, inspired by a card on Pintrest).  Punch art animals are my favorite to do!  I love it even more when there's a fun 'pun' to go along with it.  So whenever I see a card or fun pun on Pintrest (whether is a Stampin' Up! card, printed, or whatever) I always pin it.  I can always do it with punches later :)  That's exactly what happened here. 
The hedgehogs are made with the old Blossom Builder Punch.  Their bodies are one of the larger petals and their feet are a smaller petal.  The rest of the hedgehog (are they quills like on porcupines?  Are they soft? I've never held a hedgehog so I'm not sure) is done with the Blossom Punch. I just cut each petal and trimmed them to look like the spins? quills? fur?  You get the idea.  I wish I could take credit for this little hedgehog but I was inspired by this.  Thank goodness too because this was way easier than how I would have done it!  My ideas are usually far more complicated then they should be, I normally start with the hardest way then think of easier ways once it's done.  Strange I know :)  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the US!  Can you believe it!!!!?!  Already!!!!  Tomorrow is also Week 9 of my 12 week countdown to Christmas and I still have a few more things to share from the craft weekend.
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: