Featured Post

Stamp Camp #1

My new Catalog Stamp Camp was last weekend and it was a blast as it always is.  We kicked it off with our HUGE retired stamp set sale then ...

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

City Box


In keeping with the city theme from yesterday, I have another city project :)  Our theme for the next craft weekend is Craft in the City (it's a play on Sex in the City--cute huh!!!).  This was the last project I did on Sunday afternoon.  It's super cute and really not that complicated, but with so many pieces and little bits, it took a while.  Start with your standard box card, and cut off 3 of the flaps. 
You can make the buildings and height or shape you want.  Michelle had a little rectangle punch that punched out all the windows, thankfully or I would have had to cut them with and xacto knife, eeeek!!!  I added some tabs on the inside of the box card and added more buildings.  I don't know what size mine are.  They're were pretty randomly done. 
The awning was the most challenging part of it, I think it was partly because I was trying to do it, after the box was fully assembled.  If I make another one, or if you want to make it. I would add the ribbon while the box is flat and not assembled.  You can always add it to the awning later, but I would get it in the building part of the box first.  I was pretty challenging to try to cut a slit to slide it in, tie it down inside all without crushing or destroying the rest of it.  The final additions are the door and fire hydrant.  It's a super cute project just pretty time consuming, but hey that's what the craft weekends are all about right!!?!?!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: