Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cards For Men

I had a class over the weekend, the theme was masculine cards.  I know this is something that I don't do well.  Since you can't load up masculine cards with glitter and ribbon I'm always at a loss :)  However I do think the cards from my class came out pretty cute, or nice or however you describe a masculine card!  My guests at my class got to make 5 cards, here's the first 3.  The first one uses the new Wetlands set.  THE perfect masculine set!  We stamped the goose in Early Espresso then the grass was stamped in Soft Suede, after stamping it on some scratch paper so it wasn't full strength. 
One of the things I do love about masculine cards is that they're usually simple and quick to put together!  A HUGE plus!!  This next card was a huge hit.  What guy doesn't drink coffee (well besides Dan)?  I used the sweater weather DSP from the Holiday Catalog, and we added some background stamping with the Gorgeous Grunge set.  Have you gotten this set yet???
The next card is one of my favorites!!!  I love the colors, Summer Starfruit, Marina Mist and Real Red.  The background is stamped with the Dictionary Background Stamp.  We used the hexagon embossing folder and stamp set.  We finished the card with a brad and a candy dot----don't you LOVE THOSE!!!!?!!  I'll share the other two cards tomorrow.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Daria said...

Very cool cards. I love the Wetlands card! TFS.