Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Monday, October 1, 2012

Watercolor Spray

Our demonstrator meeting is tonight.  I know what you're thinking--wait it is neither the end of the month or a Thursday.  We had to move our meeting a little this month :)  Not to worry I'm not loosing my mind.....I don't think anyway :)  This is my swap for the meeting tonight.  The theme is Ink Techniques.  That could be almost anything really.  I went with something that I love and that is so stinkin' easy.   Good for me too, since I didn't even start my swaps until the last minute, which is very unlike me.  I wanted to add the ribbon, why not right, but I didn't like my first two ways that I tied it so I added this knot and asked Logan which he liked better.  Well I guess you can see which one he choose.  He said it looked like a present. 
 
To get this watercolor look is super easy and you'll never watercolor the same way again.  I stamped the image in Staz On on watercolor paper (that's important) then colored it with my markers.  I used Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler and just a tiny bit of Summer Starfruit in the center.  Then, here's the easy part, I sprayed it!  Gently spray a few mists of water (or in my case, because I'm a lazy stamper I used our stampin' mist cleaner-it was right there-don't judge me).  Water would also work.  Let your colors run if you've spritz too much water, just dab it with a paper towel to soak up some of the excess, let it dry.  If you're in a hurry you can speed up the drying process with the heat tool.  That's it, I told you it was easy!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: