Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Vintage Penguin

I love the vintage look to this card.  The cardstock is crumpled and ruffled, the safety pin is fun and the splatter makes it look aged!  So fun!!!!  Also the newsprint DSP is fantastic.  I can't believe it's taken me so long to get it!!!!  Am I crazy!!!!?!  This card was inspired by this card made my Kimberly Van Diepen.  She's amazing and I love her style, her cards always have a fun feel to them and the layers she adds are incredible!!!!  I just love all her work!!! 
Looking at the pictures of this card the tags seem to be a little off.  They just look so huge!  I used the stamp from Teeny Tiny Wishes but I think it's too much.  I think I may trim off the Christmas part of the tags so they just say 'merry'.  I didn't notice that on the card in person so I'll have to go back and take another look at it.  I love the rest of the card though, it's so fun!!!! 
I love all the colors on this card, the color inspiration came from a hot air balloon I saw at the Balloon Fiesta that is held in Albuquerque every year.  I jotted down the colors of the balloon and came home and had to create with those colors.  They are Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, Baja Breeze and Certainly Celery.  I wish I had a good picture of the balloon to show you.  The only picture I have isn't great, it was a little overcast the day we went to the Balloon Fiesta.    
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: