Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Busy Doesn't Even Describe It!

I was under the impression that when school started things would settle down and we wouldn't be running around crazy busy.  BOY WAS I WRONG!  The last two and a half weeks have been crazy busy!  Last week and the week before Megan had some special speech therapy.  She doesn't seem to want to talk to us, at least in a language we understand so we took her to this therapy.  So for 30 minutes two times a day for 10 days in a row she would listen to these special headphones.  It wasn't so much what she was listening to but how she was listening, I guess the sounds are broken up somehow so that when she hears it it's focusing in on the speech part of the brain.  Far to technical for me.  But we did see some improvements in her speech and the improvements should continue for the next year.  Now she'll go in and meet one on one with a speech pathologist once a week.  But as a good MDSer I had to photograph so that I could scrapbook her time there.  She's just so cute with the giant headphones!  The journaling on the page was done when she was still doing the therapy, I think I'll go in and edit it, especially the part that says she's 20 months old, she's not she's 22-don't know why I put the wrong age in :)  This week I'm super busy hanging a new gallery show at my church.  Yep I'm the gallery director so every 3 months I get to change out the show :)  Next week we will get back to normal I'm sure...........
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: