Monday, October 17, 2011

Fun Tip!

I had a great weekend, on Saturday Dan and I took the kids to get 'lost' in the Dino corn maze here.  Fortunately we found our way out :) Sunday I had a workshop that went great!  My hostess got lots of free stuff!!!  Host your own workshop to earn free products too!!!  I don't have a project for you today, but wait don't leave!  I have a super fun tip to show you.  If you're anything like me you like to sponge, a lot!  Well my last sponging method wasn't going well.  I had a little box of sponges and just tried to find the closest color and use that sponge.  I'd wash them every now and then, but it was a bad system and I don't recommend it.  I've been wanting to do this for a long time but just never did it.  So last Friday I was determined to do it!  I assigned each sponge a color.  If you follow my blog you know I did that a couple years ago, BUT the problem was, those sponges were stored in a drawer in the closet, that never got opened.  It was just more convenient for me to look through my 'box of sponges', then dig through the drawer.  So this time, I stored each color next to it's coordinating ink pad.  Now it's convenient AND I won't be mixing colors or ruining ink pads which was always a fear.  Doesn't it look good? 

For each sponge I punched a Designer Label Punch and wrote the color on it and stapled it to my sponge.  This way if I have 4 greens sitting out, there's no guessing on which one is Certainly Celery and Which one is Pear Pizazz.  This was not my original idea, I've seen this done, I'm not sure who had this fantastic idea, but I LOVE it and it's going to make my stamping, sponging and life just a little easier :) I promise I will have new projects this week, I'm gearing up for a fantastic week on my blog next week, you'll want to check every single day!!!  As for me this week, Megan's 1st birthday is tomorrow, I have a workshop on Thursday (YAY) AND Albuquerque regionals is this weekend on Saturday, I couldn't be more excited!  But there's so much to do, so I'm going to go, but I'll be back tomorrow! :)

No comments: