Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday-Shimmering Watercolors

Did you see yesterday I had 2 posts? Scroll down if you didn't get to check them both out! I have a great tutorial for you today! I love it and I hope you do too! It makes stunning glittery, shimmery cards. For this technique you'll need the shimmer paint. I know it was in the Holiday Mini that's retired now, but not to fear you can still order the shimmer paint as a write in! YEAH! Here's hoping it stays forever!
You'll also need an aqua painter, a bold image stamp, a watercolor crayon and a container to mix the paint in, I'm using an old brad container. You'll need a few shavings from your watercolor crayon. Use a sharpener to sharpen it and you have the perfect shavings, put them in your container.


To the brad container your going to add a few drops of water. Start with 1 or 2, you can always add more later. Add a few drops of the shimmer paint too. You'll want more of this. Mix everything together to make a 'paint'. The watercolor crayon will breakdown and color your paint. Isn't is cool!!?? On your stamp, use your watercolor crayon and color the stamp.

Then use a paint brush or sponge to apply the paint to the stamp.


Stamp it on your paper.
Make sure you let it dry completely, before doing anything else. If it's a 2 step stamp, stamp the next layer. The shimmer will shine through. Attach it to your card and you're done!
Isn't it pretty!! I love it!


It's hard to see the texture and the shimmer in the picture, but you'll have to trust me, it's amazing in person! Try this technique, let me know what you think of it!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: