Featured Post

Ruth's Tips and Techniques Summit

I'm so incredibly excited to announce my new event and one that I think will be my biggest and best yet! I hope you can join me for Rut...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thinking of Felt

I'm having wayyyy to much fun with all the new mini catalog products and the SAB sets. I don't think I've used a regular catalog set in weeks! That's ok, and I'm on day 3 in a row of using my Sweet Pea DSP--YEAH! I don't know if I'm officially not hoarding it anymore, because I keep using scraps of the same sheet {smile}! Eventually I'll run out of scraps. Today's card came together very quickly, it literally just used scraps of cardstock I had lying around on my desk. After I got all the paper attached to the base of my card I needed an embellishment. So I reached for my Sweet Pea felt. I love them!


I used white satin ribbon that I lightly sponged with Rose Red ink. Doesn't it give it a great look? Custom one of a kind ribbon in any color! Normally I'm not a huge fan of all that white space, but on this card I think it works. This would be such an easy card to mass produce. With the felt pieces you could make a ton of them! You could make them without the greeting, then when you need a card (thank you, birthday, thinking of you, etc) just grab a greeting, stamp it and you're ready to go in no time! But anyway, I'm getting carried away!
I have lots to do today. My SAB class is this weekend-so excited for that AND our demo meeting is tomorrow night! Gotta work on my swaps and demo! I love our meetings! Now is a great time to join the SU family too! I'd love to have you in our group, contact me if you're interested!!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Whimsical Words SAB
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, White, Rose Red, Sweet Pea DSP
Ink: Rose Red
Accessories: Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, White Satin Ribbon, sponges, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

NicoleStamper said...

Another Beautiful Card! Following your blog has been one of my best decisions. You are very talented. I hope you dont mind that I find myself CASEing your cards often (credit is always given). Kept the cards coming!