Thursday, January 14, 2010

Simply Adorned

Well they're finally here. After long waits and promises that they'd be here soon, they finally are and I have to say, I love them! Much more than I thought I would. What am I talking about? Our new Simply Adorned Charms. They're so pretty and I love them. I honestly didn't think I would like them too much but I was proven wrong! This is the first one I made. It's simple and elegant. I spent alot of time thinking about what I would put in it. I wanted something versatile that I could wear with lots of stuff. So I took a long at my closet and realized that I have lots of blacks, browns, gray and pink (gotta throw an actual color in there too, not just all the neutrals {smile}). So I went with those colors.

I used Sahara Sand in the very back for some light flowers. The whole thing, including the flower is lightly sponged in Sahara Sand (which by the way I think is my favorite neutral color-but wait there's gray, but then there's kraft, hmmmm nevermind). The words are stamped in Basic Gray and the flower is done with Regal Rose and Rose Red. I inked it in Regal Rose, then used my Rose Red marker to add highlights to the flower. I'm so pleased with how this turned out. I wasn't sure if the rhinestone would fit in there at first. So before I glued it on I tested it-always a good idea-I don't always have those :) And it did fit!! Yippeee!! So I glued it down and I was done. It's so pretty!! I can't wait to wear it!


For more info on the charms, they're on page 28 in the Occasions Mini Catalog-or contact me!


Supplies:

Stamp Sets: Charmed (retired), Vintage Vogue

Cardstock: White

Ink: Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Regal Rose pads and Rose Red Marker

Accessories: Simply Adorned 1x1 square charm, Rhinestone brads, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon


Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I just ordered this! Can't wait to play with it. Yours is beautiful. Thanks for posting your blog on Stampin' Connection.