Featured Post

Ruth's Tips and Techniques Summit

I'm so incredibly excited to announce my new event and one that I think will be my biggest and best yet! I hope you can join me for Rut...

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Simply Adorned

Well they're finally here. After long waits and promises that they'd be here soon, they finally are and I have to say, I love them! Much more than I thought I would. What am I talking about? Our new Simply Adorned Charms. They're so pretty and I love them. I honestly didn't think I would like them too much but I was proven wrong! This is the first one I made. It's simple and elegant. I spent alot of time thinking about what I would put in it. I wanted something versatile that I could wear with lots of stuff. So I took a long at my closet and realized that I have lots of blacks, browns, gray and pink (gotta throw an actual color in there too, not just all the neutrals {smile}). So I went with those colors.

I used Sahara Sand in the very back for some light flowers. The whole thing, including the flower is lightly sponged in Sahara Sand (which by the way I think is my favorite neutral color-but wait there's gray, but then there's kraft, hmmmm nevermind). The words are stamped in Basic Gray and the flower is done with Regal Rose and Rose Red. I inked it in Regal Rose, then used my Rose Red marker to add highlights to the flower. I'm so pleased with how this turned out. I wasn't sure if the rhinestone would fit in there at first. So before I glued it on I tested it-always a good idea-I don't always have those :) And it did fit!! Yippeee!! So I glued it down and I was done. It's so pretty!! I can't wait to wear it!


For more info on the charms, they're on page 28 in the Occasions Mini Catalog-or contact me!


Supplies:

Stamp Sets: Charmed (retired), Vintage Vogue

Cardstock: White

Ink: Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Regal Rose pads and Rose Red Marker

Accessories: Simply Adorned 1x1 square charm, Rhinestone brads, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon


Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I just ordered this! Can't wait to play with it. Yours is beautiful. Thanks for posting your blog on Stampin' Connection.