Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Bag with Scallops Bunny

Happy St Patrick's Day! I thought about doing a St. Patty's Day related tutorial but then saw these and quickly changed my mind. I'm looking forward to doing alot of Easter related projects for the next month!
I saw these on Rosemaries blog and boy is she creative. I just loved them so much that I decided to do a tutorial on them so that you can make them too! They are stinkin cute, aren't they!
For the Bunnies you'll need your big shot, the Scallop Box die, sticky strip, small oval punch, large oval punch, 3/4 inch circle punch, 1/2 circle punch, 1/4 inch circle punch and the scallop oval punch-if you don't have this punch just use the large oval-no problem, and some velcro. My bunny will be white, with pink. So when I refer to the colors that's what I'll use. For you bunny just substitute the color you need!


Here's what you'll punch out. For the ears: if you have the scallop oval punch punch 2 of those in white for the outside of the ears, if you don't have the scallop oval punch, just use the large oval punch. For the inside punch 2 large ovals in Pretty in Pink, if using the scallop oval or 2 small ovals, if using the large oval-make sense?
You'll need 2 large ovals in white for his feet, and 2 small ovals in white for his hands.
For his eyes: punch two 3/4 inch circles in white and two 1/2 inch circles in black
His nose is one 1/4 inch circle in Pretty in Pink
His tummy is 1 wide oval punch in Pretty in Pink

First thing you'll do is cut your box with the big shot then fold on all the score line.


Assemble your box with sticky strip. I've found the easiest way to assemble this box is to glue the bottom flaps first then the sides.






I used a little velcro to hold the box closed.


Start by attaching his feet (large oval) and hands (small oval).



Then attach his tummy, ears, eyes and nose. I ran the inside of his ears and his tummy through my big shot with the textured plates to emboss them and give them more dimension.


How cute is he!!!!

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: