Monday, January 22, 2024

Kiddin' Around Book Binding Fold

One of the sweetest bundles in the Mini Catalog is the Kiddin' Around Bundle.  I love these adorable images.  It's part of the Just Kiddin' Suite which is full of amazing products!  I thought for this card I'd take their adorable imaginations and turn this card into a book binding fun fold card, I was thinking kind of like a story book.  I didn't use any of the dies for this card.  This is basically as one layer of a card as I make but you can absolutely die cut the images and pop them up.  I used a TON of Stampin' Blends to color my image, you can check out the colors in the supply list below. To give it the illusion it's popped up I went around the outside of the image with Pool Party, this gives it a faux shadow and makes it look like it's popped up.  

stampin up, kiddin around

I heat embossed in silver the stars on the book binding edge and a couple on the main focal image.  I added even more shading with a Pool Party Ink Pad and a Blending Brush.  To create the book binding fun fold, you'll add adhesive between the two score lines on the front of the card and adhere that part of the front to the back, or inside.  You can add ribbon or twine through the book binding part if desired.  I just added some silver Simply Elegant Trim around the front instead.  My greeting is on the inside popped up and punched out with the Double Oval Punch.    

stampin up, kiddin around

Make your own

Smoky Slate 4 1/4" x 11" on the long side score at 5 1/2" and 6 3/4"

Basic Gray 1" x 4", 4" x 4"

Basic White 7/8" x 3 7/8", 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" (two pieces) scraps for punching

I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

stampin up, kiddin around


Celebrate Sale-a-Bration! Shop, earn and join!




 

No comments: