Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Doggone Friendly Box-VIDEO

I've received lots of comments on the super cute Doggone Friendly Background Stamp.  Everyone loves it but it's intimidating.  It's a LOT of coloring and that can sometimes push people away especially if you don't love to color.  Well, I'm here today to show you a project that uses the stamp, or at least part of it and there is zero coloring!  You can easily take the elements from this box and put it on a card for some simply stunning results.  Let's break down how fun this giant background stamp is to use!  

stampin up, doggone friendly

To stamp my image I placed my background stamp face up on my glass mat-TIP-it will stick to your glass mat making it easy to ink and stamp!  Get the Stampin' Glass Mat Studio FREE when you join my team during Sale-a-Bration!  Join today!  With the stamp face up I inked up my stamp in Pecan Pie. If you're only making one of these boxes you don't have to ink up the entire stamp, just a portion big enough for your paper.  If you are making a bunch ink up the entire stamp and place a few on there at a time.  After your paper is on the stamp, grab a scratch piece of paper and place it over your cardstock and gently rub the stamp.  Stamping it upside down like this will make it easier to get a clean image with the big stamp and it's a lot easier than trying to manage a giant block.  Peel off your scrap paper and gently lift your image and viola-a perfectly stamped image!  There's no need to color it, it's ready to go as is onto your box.  

stampin up, doggone friendly

For my box I'm doing a basic clamshell style box.  I've made a ton of these, they're easy and quick.  I'm jazzing up the front with a curved edge and the sides are trimmed at an angle for even more interest.  I've never done this and I kinda LOVE it!  Because the sides are being trimmed I wanted to have some DSP peeking through, I love the Glorious Gingham DSP in the Annual Catalog.  It's simple patterns go with any project!  Inside my box are six Hershey Kisses.  I found some Valentine ones at Costco-Snoopy themed keeping with our dog theme.  I've also seen the Snoopy Hershey Kisses at my local Walmart and Target so check around in your area.  

stampin up, doggone friendly

Make your own:

Pecan pie 5" x 7"
On the short side score at 1" each side
On the long side score at 1", 3", 4" and 6"

Sweet Sorbet 2 7/8" x 1 7/8"

Basic White 2 3/4" x 1 3/4" plus scrap for greeting

Glorious Gingham DSP two pieces 1 7/8" x 7/8", one piece 2 7/8" x 7/8"

stampin up, doggone friendly

Make sure you check out the video below for all the details on this project.  While you're there make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you never miss a video.  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.

stampin' up, doggone friendly


Celebrate Sale-a-Bration! Shop, earn and join!




 

No comments: