Thursday, December 8, 2022

SNEAK PEEK Taco Fiesta Chile Ristra

I have another fun sneak peek for you!  I'll have LOTS and LOTS more sneak peeks coming later this month but I LOVED this card so much I had to share it immediately.  This is probably the most New Mexican card ever.  If you're from New Mexico, like me, you'll probably know what this is instantly.  If you're not from New Mexico this card might not look familiar to you.  Red chile ristras are the strung pods of dried red chiles that you see displayed near arches, doors and windows all over New Mexico. Serving as a symbol of welcome, ristras are an iconic decoration in New Mexico, especially during the harvest months and holidays*.  Read more about ristras here

stampin up, taco fiesta

To make sure my chiles went in both directions I used my Stamparatus to do the mirror technique and get stamped chiles facing in both directions.  I think I ended up stamping 13 or 14 chiles total, about half one way, half the other.  If you want to know more about the reverse stamping technique I shared it here in my Santa Trains Boxes.  

They're all colored with Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends and fussy cut out.  I fussy cut directly on the stamped line, I didn't want any white outlines.  To give them an even more defined line I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker (NOT Stampin' Blends), and I used the side of the brush tip and carefully colored the sides of my fussy cut images.  Is this step a little extra, yes.  But it gives each image a gorgeous finished edge and when you're layering them up, details count.  I stamped a greeting also from another sneak peek set, this one is a Sale-a-Bration set.  I splattered the entire card with some Wink Of Stella for extra sparkle.  

stampin up, taco fiesta

Here's a picture of some real chile ristras if you're curious about them.  If you want to learn more, google them.  You can find small ones, large ones.  They're beautiful and a fun New Mexico tradition.  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  



Shop my Online Store.  
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

Supplies:
Taco Fiesta SNEAK PEEK Mini Catalog
Thanks A Bunch SNEAK PEEK Sale-A-Bration Catalog
 


*Source: VisitAlbuquerque.org

No comments: