Friday, February 10, 2023

Beautiful Thistle Paper Piecing

This card is very much outside of my comfort style and when I first made it I'll admit I wasn't sure how I felt about it.  But the more it sat on my desk and the more I looked at it the more I started to like it.  This collage style is fun but I think I think about it too much.  But in the end I love the colors of this card.  I love that image and I love all the elements on it.

stampin up, beautiful thistle

For my flower, I used the Beautiful Thistle Bundle and stamped the image three times on Blushing Bride, Polished Pink and Parakeet Party Cardstock.  I die cut each of them then cut out the pieces I wanted. From the Polished Pink on I fussy cut the bottom of the flower (if there's a specific name for that I don't know it).  The Parakeet Party I cut the stem and leaves.  They were adhered and layered onto the Blushing Bride piece.  This is such a fun way to add lots of color without coloring it.  I used the new Vellum Basics and Fine Shimmer Paper for some of the other elements.  I think they work well together.  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

stampin up, beautiful thistle


 

No comments: