Sunday, October 24, 2021

Twelve Weeks Of Christmas Week 4-Whimsical Trees Hand Sanitizer Shadow Box-VIDEO

We're counting down Christmas!  We're already on Week 4!  How are we already a third of the way through our series!?!  Today's project is such an amazing gift.  We're making a shadow box!  This shadow box is sized to fit a Bath and Body Works Hand Sanitizer.  This is an amazing gift for anyone but especially teachers.  I know my kids teachers love getting hand sanitizers.  Plus, you can use this box year round!  
stampin up, whimsical trees, whimsy and wonder

For the outside, I used the Whimsical Trees Bundle to stamp the ornaments twice.  I colored them pretty simply with Polished Pink, Mint Macaron and Misty Moonlight Stampin' Blends.  Then die cut them with the coordinating die.  My two labels on my box are die cut from the Hippo and Friends Die.  I've said it before but these labels are AMAZING!!!  The box is finished simply with some Frayed Blushing Bride Ribbon and Opal Rounds.  The real star of the box isn't the outside, it's the inside! 

stampin up, whimsical trees, whimsy and wonder

This gorgeous shadow box!  I used the ornaments from the Whimsy and Wonder Bundle because of my hand sanitizer the pink and those ornaments just called for each other!  The hand sanitizer will nestle in perfectly into the shadow box but if you feel that you need to add a glue dot to the back of the hand sanitizer that's fine too.  

stampin up, whimsical trees, whimsy and wonder

Shadow boxes can be a little complicated to make, I hope my instructions will make it less complicated for you. I learned how to make shadow boxes from Julie Dimatteo a fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  I've watched lots of her videos and her boxes are the easiest to put together.  I redid all of the measurements for my hand sanitizer and I followed the cutting guidelines for this shadow box of hers. 

stampin up, whimsical trees, whimsy and wonder dsp

The measurements for the box are below.  I do strongly encourage you to check out the video for better instructions.  I do have a template of how to trim and where to place your adhesive below but the video will give far more detailed instructions.  

Blushing Bride Cardstock 8 1/4" x 9 1/4"
Score on all sides at 1/2", 1 3/8", 1 7/8" and 2 3/4"
On both of the short sides score 3 1/4" and 5" ONLY down to the second score line
On both of the long sides score 2 1/4" and 7" ONLY down to the fourth score line

The DSP belly band is 3 3/4" x 8"

Check out the video for more instructions, while you're there subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you never miss a video.  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

Shop my Online Store
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

Supplies:



 

No comments: