Friday, July 17, 2020

Bunch Of Bananas Box-VIDEO

Are you ready for the final box in this weeks Little Debbie week.  Don't forget to check out the snack finder on their website to find where you can get these cake in your area.  For this box when I saw that Little Debbie made a banana cake, ummmm hello that will go great with our Cute Fruit Set!!!  If you haven't checked out the Cute Fruit Set make sure you do. It's one of my favorites!!!!
For the box I stamped a bunch of bananas and fussy cut them out.  For those that don't like to fussy cut, you could stamp them on a circle and do some fancy masking but these are super simple and quick to cut out so take the extra time and cut them out, it's worth it!  I layered all my bananas on a Rainbow Glimmer Circle and added a couple bows to finish it off.  The greeting is also fussy cut, but use your own discretion on that one.  There's lots of room on the top or bottom of the box to add a greeting IF you truly hate to fussy cut.
I used the Artistry Blooms DSP and it's perfect for this box!!!  I LOVE this DSP so much, it might be one of my all time favorites.  But I love these more subtle sides of it.  So perfect for projects like this!
To make the box you'll need a piece of DSP or cardstock that is 8" x 8", on one side score at 1 1/4", 6 1/4" and 7 1/2". On the other side score at 1/2", 1 3/4", 4 1/4" and 5 1/2".  Here's how you need to trim up your DSP.  Make sure you refer to the video for detailed instructions.
I've mentioned this tip before but now that we don't have a 1/2" circle punch what do we use for our finger tabs.  Well if you still have your 1/2" punch you can continue to use that.  I still have mine but I wanted to come up with an alternate option for you.  I've been using my Perennial Flower Punch to add my finger notch.  You can see I've marked where it needs to be punched.  The punch is big and it's hard to center so I like to mark it.  I only punch off the tip of the petal.  This has worked great! I have a full supply list below.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: