Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Monday, October 5, 2015

Kitten Trio

One of the first sets I bought from the Annual Catalog in June was the Made With Love set.  Not because I need a cute baby set.  In fact I have yet to make a baby card with this set.  But I loved the animals, the deer, bunny, chick and yes especially these kittens.  I keep coming up with different uses for them then the intended baby cards and I LOVE THEM!!!!  This adorable kitten card is so cute that I nearly lost my mind making it I was overcome with the cuteness :)  The greeting is taken from the You Little Furball set and went perfectly with this card!  
The kittens are colored on Shimmery White cardstock with a Blender Pen and markers.  They're colored really simply, I stuck with one color per cat, no need to add a bunch.  You can always layer the color on for darker highlights.  For the grey one I used Smoky Slate, then Pumpkin Pie and finally my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker for the last kitty.  I scribbled them on one of my blocks and used the blender pen to pick up the ink from there.  After I had them colored I went back with the markers and traced over their stripes to give them a little more dimension.  Then I cut them out.  I ended up moving the black kittens tail to the other side of his body to change it up a little.  The rest of the card is super easy, I cut some labels with my Big Shot and added some banners behind it, yes that's glimmer paper!  Leaving it alone was hard.  The white space kept calling me.  But I love this card as is and didn't want to risk messing it up by adding more stuff to it, when it didn't need it.  I hope you love these sweet kittens as much as me!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!!

No comments: