Friday, April 12, 2013

Birthday Hop!

Welcome to this month's Ladybug Blog hop.  You might have just joined me from Michelle's blog.  If this is your first time on the hop welcome!!!  This hop is done by our local group of stamper here.  They are an amazing talented group!  You'll make an endless loop around stopping at all our blogs.  This months theme is 'Birthdays'.  Birthday cards are by far the card that I make the most of, followed closely by thank you cards.  But I love making birthday cards.  Today's birthday card is a favorite of mine.  It's super girly, frilly, and pink!!!  All the things I love in a card!!!  This card looks elaborate and time consuming, but I'll let you in on a secret.  It's easier than it looks :)
I used the hexagon embossing folder to add some texture to the background.  The main image is cut out using our oval framelits.   I used four of the doilies to add all the frill around it.  To get this look cover the back with adhesive.  You really need a good amount, especially around the edges.  Crumple up your doilies and unfold them, then just go around the edge pleating them as you go.  I have lots of pleats and folds, so I needed four, if you want a less 'full' look you can use less of the doilies.  I finished the card with a banner and lots of randomly placed pearls.  I hope you like it and it's time to continue on the blog hop!! 
 
Next up is my upline Amber!  I love her style of stamping and I CASE so many of her projects.  I know you'll love her stuff too! 
 
In case you get lost along the way here's our blog hop line up.
 
Ruth Norton YOU ARE HERE!!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: