Monday, April 22, 2013

It's Been A Big Weekend

I had a class on Saturday that was all about the Big Shot!!!  This is a tool that I know I use with nearly every project that I make.  It's fun, easy and there's so much that you can do.  So this class this weekend was all about using those tips and tricks and hopefully for my customers learning a few new ones.  The first card we made used the Top Note die.  Cut your top note and then turn it 90 degrees, run it through again and you'll get this fun square.  There was really no mind blowing tip on this one just showing you that if you think outside the box you could use one die in multiple ways  :)  I'm all about the doilies so of course we added one on this card.  We used vellum for the greeting, it's soft and sweet. 
The next card I wanted to show how you could cut different materials with your big shot.  Of course we love it for our cardstock but the big shot also works great for cutting cardboard, chipboard, aluminum or other thin metals and yes of course fabric!!!  I wanted the fabric to be a little more stable on the card so we adhered the fabric to some cardstock with the multi purpose adhesive sheets.  I'll share the other two cards tomorrow! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: