Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bunny Basket


It's almost Easter, can you feel it, it's getting close....well maybe not that close but it will be here before you know it, you might as well be prepared for it :)  To help you out I have a sweet little basket today.  This is a super easy basket that you could whip up in literally no time at all.  I'll get to that in a minute though.  I have a quick tutorial for you below on making this quick basket.  I used the Ears To You Single stamp for this basket.  Don't you just love these colors together.  Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Summer Starfruit and Pool Party! 
I added some Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon to the handle of the basket and attached it with some antique brads.  I'm really working on not hording the brads :)  I added some ruffle around the top with the Summer Starfruit cardstock.  To get that faux suede look you need to break down the fibers until the cardstock separates.  To do this I just used my bone folder and 'curled' the cardstock (like you were curling ribbon on a present with scissors).  Do this a few times and the cardstock will separate for you.  Plus once the fibers are broken it's really easy to work with and ruffle around the inside of the box/basket.  The finished basket is 2x2, the perfect size for some chocolates :)
For the basket, here's a really quick tutorial and two ways to do this basket.  You're going to flip when you see how easy it is! Start with a 6x6 piece of cardstock/DSP or whatever you're working with, here I have some scrap paper I pulled out of recycling.  Once you have the idea down you could make this basket as big or as small as you like.  Score your 6x6 piece of paper at 2 and 4 on both sides, so you'll end up with a tic tac toe board.  Cut up the score lines on one side to the first score line, flip it over and do the exact same thing on the opposite side.  So in my illustration I've cut the vertical score lines from the top down to the 2 inch score line and from the bottom up the 4 inch score line.  Hope that makes sense. 
 
Then you just fold the middle section in and pull up the sides.  You have 2 options here.  You can make a larger basket by folding them up at an angle or you can make a smaller square basket and fold them up so all the edges meet.  Cute and EASY right!   

Now that you know the basic idea you could do this with any square, make a tiny basket with a 3x3 piece of cardstock, just score at 1 and 2 inches on both sides.  Make a giant basket with a 12x12 piece and score at 4 and 8 on both sides.  I think you can see where I'm going with this :)   I hope all that helps! 
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: