Monday, February 7, 2011

Butterfly Towel

Stamp camp on Saturday was fantastic!!  Everyone I talked to had a great time, the projects were great and there was a lot of Sale-a-Brating going on.  I took Megan with me, it was her first Stamin' event (outside of our monthly meetings) and she was a huge hit!  I took my camera but I completely forgot to take pictures!  It seems I always do that :/  But I do have all the projects that were made so I'll make sure and post those tomorrow.  
All the demonstrators had to bring a handmade door prize, I love mine so much I almost didn't give it away!  Isn't it fantastic, a butterfly hand towel!  And it's a no-sewing project!  I stuck the iron on adhesive on the back of the fabric then ran it through the big shot with the butterfly die, after a little ironing it's done, super easy!
The original plan was to sew buttons onto the center of the butterflies but after I ironed them on I thought, 'Oh I be the antique brads would look better'  Sure enough they did, so I cut off the prongs on the back and glued them on.  I just love them.  I think it looks amazing!
I just adore that fabric too!  It's so beautiful especially when you see it in person!  Don't be too surprised if I make alot more of these, they were so easy and they're so beautiful!

Supplies:
Springtime Vintage Fabric, Iron On Adhesive Sheets, Vintage Brads, Big Shot, Butterfly Die

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

1 comment:

Theresa Q. said...

I love these!!