Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Monday, February 21, 2011

Easter Chick

Sorry for the late post.  I do try to get my posts up early in the morning so they're up all day, but today that just wasn't going to happen.  We had a really busy weekend then this morning was spend finishing getting ready for my Stamp a Stack this afternoon.  I think I'm finally ready, Megan is napping, Logan is coloring so I have a couple spare minutes-I thought I'd take advantage of :)

This card didn't exactly turn out the way I wanted but it's still cute!  I got a little to energetic with the color spritzer :)  But isn't it cute-the little hatching chick!  So cute!  The paper is so pretty it's from the Sunny Garden DSP pack.  Proving to me that again I was wrong about colors.  I was never a big fan of Poppy Parade but after this DSP-I LOVE IT!!!  
To make the chick hatch out of his egg I stamped him 3 times.  Once on my white paper, then twice on my DSP, cut out the 2 DSP pieces and arrange them as a hatching shell.  Super Easy! 
I used markers to color the chick, and add some 'ground' so that he's not a floating chick.  I spritz the whole thing with the Peach Parfait marker in my color spritzer :)
I think my most favorite element on this card though is the ribbon, linen thread and pearl.  I just love that look!
Ok, time to load up the car, find lunch for Logan and I and head to the stamp a stack! 

Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  A Good Egg, Something to Celebrate
Cardstock:  Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Sunny Garden DSP
Ink:  Poppy Parade and Staz on Pads, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake and Peach Parfait Markers
Accessories:  Daffodil Delight Ribbon, Linen Thread, Pearls, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Joni said...

Ruth, i would like to do the chocolate class, do you still have room? Let me know how to get the money to you, I can be reached at jonir@unm.edu. Joni