Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Flower Folds Pin

Good morning. It's Tuesday and there's a cold front coming, yuck! It shouldn't last too long and it should warm up again by the end of the week. For my readers north of me who are already in the cold weather I don't envy you. Anyway, I have a really fast tutorial for today. I have some kind of head cold. I didn't get alot of stamping done over the weekend like I had planned. We have our demo meeting and I have workshop Sunday so I'm hoping it doesn't last long. Lots to do and I don't need a cold to make it more challenging.
For today I wanted to show you some really cute pins that I'm making. I'm doing a craft show in November and I plan to make a bunch of these to take to the craft show. This one is the simple no frills version. I'm hoping to jazz them up when I really start making them. This one is really simple, I just used some scrap fabric that I had lying around.
I've already cut the biggest and littlest flower out with the flower folds die.
Now I'm ready to cut the 2 middle size flowers out with my die.

Run it through the big shot and here's what you should have.



I stacked my flowers up on top of each other in the order and positions that I wanted them in.


Using your paper piercer, poke through all the layers of fabric. You'll need to really press hard and maneuver the piercer to make a large hole.



Stick a brad through the hold to hold your pieces together. I'm using a Chocolate Chip jumbo brad. You could also use a button and sew it on. Attach a pin back on the back of your flower and you're done.




Here's my cute SU Build a Bear Emma modeling the one I made. She need a smaller one though, don't you think?

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: