Friday, June 9, 2023

On The Ocean Sliding Ship

What a fun card do I have for you today!  I'm so excited to share this one!  This week my husband celebrated his birthday so I had to make a fun card for him.  I have had the On The Ocean Set and Dies for a couple months but I had yet to even ink it up.  This was the perfect opportunity!  I decided to make a fun slider card where the ship could sail across the card.  I shared how to make this type of card back in March for my 20th Anniversary Celebration.  You can check out the video here.  For this card instead of making my card portrait I turned it and made it a landscape card.  The details on how to make the card are the same.  

stampin up, on the ocean

The dies are really fun and can definitely stand alone on their own but when paired with the set they're an amazing combo!  I love the details on the ship and the waves.  I used the Stargazing DSP for my background.  I thought it made a fun ocean night sky.  This DSP is on sale this month!  Get it for 15% off now in my Online Store.  

stampin up, on the ocean

The magic of this card is real and when you pull the ribbons on the side the ship magically sails across the card!  Stunning!  

To make yours:
Azure Afternoon 
9" x 5 1/2" On the long side score at 4 1/4" and 8 1/2"
5" x 1" die cut with the wave detail die

Basic White
5" x 3 3/4" (one for the outside and one for the inside)
1" x 2"
3/8" x 2 3/4" for the front greeting
Sail Die cuts

Stargazing DSP
3 5/8" x 4 7/8"

Tahitian Tide 
4" x 5 1/4"
5" x 1" die cut with the wave die

Pecan Pie ship die cut

Once the front is assembled place the card base into the Paper Trimmer with the 1/2" score line on the right side.  Line up the card at 7" and cut a slit in the card front about 1" from the top and from the bottom. 

I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

stampin up, on the ocean

 


 

No comments: