Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Baseball Z-Fold

My BFF's son's birthday is today so of course I had to send him a super cute card!  First, please let me apologize for the pictures.  They're pretty wonky and crooked.  Honestly I was rushing to get them done to get the card in the mail.  Plus the kids have been home since last Thursday so there's that distraction too LOL! Back to the card.  He is a big baseball player so I wanted to make him a really cute baseball themed card!
I made this one a Z-fold card and did some partial die cutting of them baseball.  It's connected on the front but on the inside panel I've cut half of the circle so that the baseball swings to the front of the card.  CUTE!!!!  Partial die cutting is easy to do, for this card I simply lined up my top plate over the part of the framelit that I wanted cut.  The framelit will only cut where there's pressure from that top plate.  So only half the circle cut. The stitches on the baseball were made with the Triple Banner punch I just kept punching tiny chevrons until I had enough for stitching, this was a little tedious.  The Soft Suede layer in the back is pretty awesome!  I crumpled the cardstock over and over again until it was starting to separate, then I carefully pulled it apart and adhered it down. When you separate the cardstock like this the inside feels like suede or leather, really cool.  I thought it might mimic a baseball glove.  Such a cute card for a special 12 year old!

Shop for products in my online store. 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: