Featured Post

2017 Christmas Card Stamp a Stack!

It's time for my annual Christmas Card Stamp a Stack! This class is always popular and always sells out!!!!  Don't wait to sign up!...

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

In Color Love

You guys not since Coastal Cabana or even Baja Breeze have I been this happy with our In Colors!  I seriously cannot stop using them.  I wanted to make a 'one layer' card.  Now it's not exactly a one layer card I do have a couple die cuts on there, but essentially it's one layer.  I love that these colors just work together.  To create the background I took my inks, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sugarplum, and my sponge daubers and I just put the ink on the card base.  It's really that easy.  Once my card was nice and covered in ink and my colors were well blended I used my spritzer and made some nice water drops on the card.  Have a paper towel handy, you don't want the water to dry on the card.  The water will 'bleach' out some of the ink, I left the water on for only a few seconds then used the paper towel to blot the card and pick up that water.  I love this look! 
As for the die cuts, I used the Sunshine Wishes thinlits.  I cut the 'love' from some black glimmer paper and the heart from some vellum.  I used 2 pieces of vellum and stuck them together.  I wanted the heart to stand out but not so much that it would become distracting on the card, vellum worked great! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: