Thursday, December 24, 2015

Rose Wonder Die Cut Inlay

One of the jaw dropping sets in the new Occasions catalog has to be the Rose Wonder set.  This was one of the first things on my wishlist I knew I had to have it.  There's so many beautiful greetings in this set, plus the gorgeous rose image.  PLUS it has coordinating framelits that cut out this beautiful rose!!!  When my friend sent me this sample I knew that would be the first card I made with it!  I went with a yellow rose, but really you could do this with any color.  I cut this rose out 5 times, once each in Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight and Hello Honey and of course the Black Glimmer (can we take a moment to be sad that it won't be continuing on, not to worry I've stocked up.....)  I used the black glimmer for the outline of the rose, then used the other colors for all the inside pieces.   
Now I'm not gonna sugar coat this, I wasn't thinking ahead when I made this card and cut everything and took all the little pieces out, not keeping anything in order or together in the 'puzzle' just in piles on my desk organized by color.  Which at the beginning I thought was a good idea.........then I started putting the 'pieces' in and trying to find which piece for where was, well......, frustrating to say the least.  Next time I'll keep pieces together and in the right place that will make it sooooooooooooo much easier!  But all the time spent on this card was worth it because it's beautiful!!!!  I know you must be thinking, 'what a pain that must be though to get all those tiny pieces out of the thinlit', indeed it would be a pain but new in the Occasions Catalog is a Big Shot Die Brush. It's a bristlely little brush that comes with a foam pad and you roll it over your thinlits after you run it through the Big Shot and ALL those tiny pieces just fall out.  I was pretty sure that this wouldn't really work that well, but I added it to my preorder anyway because at $11 it's worth trying. Oh. My. Goodness!!!!  I was blown away!!!!  It's amazing!!!!  If you have any detailed framelit or thinlit, like this rose or like the birthday pop up ones from Monday, or the butterfly one or ANY one.  YOU NEED THIS TOOL!!!!!  It will change your life!  You'll hear more about this brush from me I'm sure but make sure you add it to your wishlist!! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: