Friday, January 10, 2014

Recycle!


Last week I was cleaning out my closet and came across these.  Yep those are all old button, brads, soda pop tops, trinkets and more containers.  I always save them, sure that someday I'd use them, I just had no idea how many I had accumulated in there!  So I knew that I had to made something with them, at least thin the bag a little :)  I always make small gifts for my guests at my classes.  So I made these adorable, sweet boxes!


They're so pretty in person!  The flower is made from the new Spiral Flower Die in the Occasions Catalog.  The flowers are so easy to make!  Don't you just love them in Coastal Cabana!!!
I used a glue gun to assemble all my flowers, I found it to be the quickest but you could also use crystal effects or even glue dots.  For my leaves I just used an oval punch and crumpled it up (you know how much I love crumpling paper!).  
I used my 2 1/2 inch circle punch to punch circles for the top and the bottom.  The punch is the perfect exact size--don't you just love SU for coordinating that ;)  So if you're not already saving these little boxes you will now!   
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those Ruth! I'm starting to collect several myself. Great idea for gifts. Vickie