Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Non Traditional

Here's my non traditional Valentine's Day card.  Not an inch of red on here.  Instead I went with blue (because that's the ribbon I had :)  Crumb Cake is one of my all time favorite colors.  It goes with anything, and I just love this polka dot pattern in the Fresh Prints DSP stack in the Occasions Catalog.  I would love a whole stack of just this pattern.  LOVE IT!!  To make this card a little less bulky, instead of making a bow with the thick chevron ribbon, I just tied some white bakers twine around it.  You could step it up and add a button too.  Very cute! 
Note to self: Don't stamp right after you reink a pad, it's really juicy!  I thought about remaking this card but when I stamped it I wasn't sure how it would turn out and I didn't want to start over if I ended up hating the card.  But luckily I loved it, just as it is!  It's the little imperfections that I love in a card! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: