Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Split Negative Two Ways!

I have 2 cards to show you today!  I love them both!!!  I'm not sure why the pictures seem blurry though, I apologize for that.  Either my camera has a problem or they're getting messed up when they're uploaded to blogger.  They don't seem to look that way when I take them off the memory card.  Though maybe it's just my eyes, I'm going to charge my camera today, sometime that helps when my camera is acting up.  What I really need is a new camera but that's at the bottom of a very long list of other household things we really do need first.  At the top of the list-a new oven.  Ours broke last week.  Well it refused to heat up, I guess that's breaking.  We've tried it a few times since it broke and it heats up but not to the correct temperature.  We're going to get an oven thermometer to see how bad it is.  Fortunately the stove top works and I have a crock pot so dinners are still doable, just no baking for us.  Next on the list is new couches, a new vacuum, and water heater.  So camera is way down on the list, but hopefully I can figure out what's going on with it and the pictures will be better.  Anyway let's get to the cards!!!!

I made this card last week and I love it.  I've been embossing like crazy for the past few weeks.  Ever since the new embossing powder in colors were released.  This technique (split negative) is one of my favorite embossing techniques.  It's great for 2 reasons-it looks fantastic and you always end up with 2 cards!  To do this you emboss the image twice, once in white EP on black CS, the other in Black EP on white CS.  Then you cut them in half, piece them together like a puzzle and adhere it to your card.    

I just love the way it looks and I love the look and feel of embossed cards.  I know I'm not the only one out there who when they receive an embossed card you touch it and feel the embossed image. You know you do it!!! :)  This stamp set works so well for this set.  Colors used on this card, besides the black and white are Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy-one of my all time favorite color combos! :)

I promised 2 cards right, so here's the second card.  I thought I'd do a fun spin on the split negative technique.  This time I embossed in white on both cardstocks but used different cardstock.  I love this look too.  Maybe even a little more than the black and white or maybe it's just the stamp set I love more :)  Again though you end up with 2 cards doing this technique.  I love the look of these two colors together-Perfect Plum and Concord Crush!

This card was super easy and fast and a few pearls down the center of the butterfly to finish it off. Perfect!  Just a reminder that TOMORROW is the LAST day of the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog.  After tomorrow you won't be able to get any of the retired stamp sets or accessories.  Make sure you get all orders in by tomorrow!!  Order at my website 24/7! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: